What You Might Wanna Know About Me

My photo
All artwork and animation in this blog unless otherwise stated is Copyright © 2015 Eric R. Watson 'AKA' Cyber Six (Cyber Six is not intended to be a play on words. It is in fact a comic book and animation. You may read about them if you'd like by following this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Six) All Rights Reserved. All artwork and content on this blog are property of the artist unless otherwise indicated. Do not use, reproduce, post, copy, or distribute any image or media without permission. I'm an artist and flash animator. Recently, I've begun learning Maya 8.5. Okay, my avatar is not a picture of me. In fact, it is a picture of a famous Japanese singer who sang in an all girl pop group named SPEED during the mid to late 90s. Her name is Hiroko Shimabukuro. Hiro for short. Unfortunately, they disbanded several years ago. I recently found out they are back together and singing as SPEED. Freelance Union Article: 5 Tips for Preventing Procrastination. "Prolific people don’t wait to be moved, they begin the work, and the work moves them to create more." ~ Jonathon Kastner

My Archival Space.. No, It's NOT The Final Frontier

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Life Drawing After About 10 Years


 Before the session, I drew the monitor.

 After drawing the monitor, I drew another artist who sat there drawing.

 I went to my first life drawing session today in about ten years. And, I must say it was a refreshing to practice drawing from a nude figure again. As I walked inside the empty building I could hear the echo of my footsteps ring out. After a few minutes of searching for someone to ask about a parking permit I finally spoke up and asked if there was anyone there. From a side office a young attractive, raven haired woman of about 5'3" walked out. I was so hoping she was the model. Unfortunately, she wasn't. She told me where to park and gave me a parking permit. We made small talk about maybe she should take some art lessons there. She said, "No, I can't even draw a straight line." I should said, "It's not the straight lines that interest people in art its the squiggly curvy ones that grab their attention." And, then she showed me where the room is located for the three hour life drawing session. At that time, I had to go and tell the person who brought me there what time I would need to be picked up. When I got back, I saw this guy dressed in a business suit. He looked really an attorney. As I arrived in the room to draw the model I met one the artists that would be the pseudo monitor of the session. (He kept the time as far as letting model know the end of each timed pose.) Which he did a great job of doing. As he and I were speaking the man wearing the business suit comes in and introduces himself as the model. He then goes on to say he can pose clothed or nude. Its up to us. I was thinking, "I paid twenty dollars to draw somebody nude so, you better be disrobing soon, jack!" The monitor had a problem with an artist who showed up late and wanted to stir up something the length of the poses. The late artist thought all the poses were gonna be short poses. Before he came in, everyone had agreed on short poses of 15 seconds, 30 seconds, one minute, 5 minute, 10 minute poses. The later were of a longer duration. 20 o 30 minutes at a time.

Although, there's no frontal nudity in these drawings I must warn you they are nude drawings. If you don't want to see them don't click on the thumbnails.