What You Might Wanna Know About Me

My photo
All artwork and animation in this blog unless otherwise stated is Copyright © 2015 Eric R. Watson 'AKA' Cyber Six (Cyber Six is not intended to be a play on words. It is in fact a comic book and animation. You may read about them if you'd like by following this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Six) All Rights Reserved. All artwork and content on this blog are property of the artist unless otherwise indicated. Do not use, reproduce, post, copy, or distribute any image or media without permission. I'm an artist and flash animator. Recently, I've begun learning Maya 8.5. Okay, my avatar is not a picture of me. In fact, it is a picture of a famous Japanese singer who sang in an all girl pop group named SPEED during the mid to late 90s. Her name is Hiroko Shimabukuro. Hiro for short. Unfortunately, they disbanded several years ago. I recently found out they are back together and singing as SPEED. Freelance Union Article: 5 Tips for Preventing Procrastination. "Prolific people don’t wait to be moved, they begin the work, and the work moves them to create more." ~ Jonathon Kastner

My Archival Space.. No, It's NOT The Final Frontier

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Japanese Storyboard Template (UNFINISHED)


I've been tinkering around with this little doodad for a while now. It's based on the storyboard format from the FLCL Storyboard Book by Gainax Animation Studios. This template is not exactly like theirs but, it's close. You can use it if you want to. If you're into storyboarding how the Japanese do it this should be self explanatory. If not, you'll have to look it up for yourself. I had to.

Yes, this was created in Adobe Flash 5.5. And, it's not done yet. There's some tweaks I'd still like to do. Unfortunately, I could not upload the .fla file to blogger. That would have been a great asset to anyone wanting to use the actual file to its fullest potential. Later, I may show some screen grabs of how it works so if you have Adobe or Macromedia Flash installed on your computer you can create this file yourself.