What You Might Wanna Know About Me

My photo
All artwork and animation in this blog unless otherwise stated is Copyright © 2015 Eric R. Watson 'AKA' Cyber Six (Cyber Six is not intended to be a play on words. It is in fact a comic book and animation. You may read about them if you'd like by following this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Six) All Rights Reserved. All artwork and content on this blog are property of the artist unless otherwise indicated. Do not use, reproduce, post, copy, or distribute any image or media without permission. I'm an artist and flash animator. Recently, I've begun learning Maya 8.5. Okay, my avatar is not a picture of me. In fact, it is a picture of a famous Japanese singer who sang in an all girl pop group named SPEED during the mid to late 90s. Her name is Hiroko Shimabukuro. Hiro for short. Unfortunately, they disbanded several years ago. I recently found out they are back together and singing as SPEED. Freelance Union Article: 5 Tips for Preventing Procrastination. "Prolific people don’t wait to be moved, they begin the work, and the work moves them to create more." ~ Jonathon Kastner

My Archival Space.. No, It's NOT The Final Frontier

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Life Drawing Session: WAS PRETTY DARN COOL



For starters, the model was excellent. She posed very well and she’s friendly and approachable. I look forward to working with her again in August. Here are some drawings I did of her.




The first four drawings are quick one and half minute gestures. I absolutely love gesture drawing. It lets me get the real essence of the pose down very quickly and clearly. I imagine myself feeling what the model feels not only in weight distribution but, also emotionally.  Empathy is a key to understanding the underlying psychology of a pose. At some point, I may use charcoal and watercolor to create these wonderful images. For now, I’ll continue to use a fountain pen.

Last night, I woke up around 4 am and couldn’t get back to sleep. So, I lay in bed trying to sleep.  An hour or so later, I got up and started getting ready for the session. Maybe I should have counted sheep or something. A few drawings that I omitted from this post because they were not working out like I had hoped were drawn but, not posted. I had capped my pen to rest my eyes. Some twenty or so minutes later I woke up to find the model has changed her pose. And, one of the artists in the room told me after I had asked, "Yes, you were snoring." That all happened before the following sketch.

The previous sketch was not up to par so I started again on the same pose. Although I had wanted this sketch to have more detail; it came out better than I had expected. By this time I was just getting warmed up.



The grandmother of one of the artists told me about an exhibit nearby that I went to see today. And, it was great! I asked the receptionist why wasn’t this artist more widely known and his response was, “Most of his work is in private collections.” That’s a shame. I hope to buy some art books of his work from the museum gift shop before the exhibit ends in September.